User Name:

Password:

remember me

Forgot your password?

Not a member?

Join Now

Articles from Sacramento Business Journal

RSS feedDisplaying articles 1 - 10 of most recent articles

Governor signs plastic bag ban It's in the bag. Gov. Jerry Brown approved the nations first statewide ban on single-use plastic bags Tuesday morning. The ban applies to grocery stores and pharmacies beginning on July 2015, and to convenience stores and liquor stores the following year.
Sacramento Business Journal | 37 minutes ago | comment? | recommend article from Sacramento, California
Ed Goldman: Strapped for cash, the U.S. Post Office takes on part-time job In looking for ways to staunch its perennial hemorrhaging of red ink, the U.S. Postal Service is doing what many are forced to do in tough times. Its taking a part-time job. According to a number of news reports, the post office has been delivering grocer
Sacramento Business Journal | 2 hours, 10 minutes ago | comment? | recommend article from Sacramento, California
Governor rejects redevelopment replacement, approves related measure Gov. Jerry Brown nixed a proposal on Monday that would have breathed new life into the abolished redevelopment agencies by creating authorities capable of financing community-supported infrastructure projects. But the governor also signed legislation that
Sacramento Business Journal | 3 hours, 22 minutes ago | comment? | recommend article from Sacramento, California
UC system to add gender-neutral bathrooms The University of California says it will convert some bathrooms in its 10-campus system to gender neutral, according to the Los Angeles Times. Details are still to be worked out, including the cost of converting single-stall bathrooms or how many, accord
Sacramento Business Journal | 3 hours, 24 minutes ago | comment? | recommend article from Sacramento, California
How much you need to make in California to be a 1 percenter The Occupy Wall Street movement helped coin a new us-vs.-them framework: the 1 percent -- the highest-paid people in America -- versus the other 99 percent of earners. Business Insider recently did the math to determine how much households need to earn to
Sacramento Business Journal | 3 hours, 51 minutes ago | comment? | recommend article from Sacramento, California
Up to speed: NFL fighting FCC's likely ruling on blackouts The Federal Communications Commission appears on the verge of ending its restrictions on locally airing National Football League games that have not been sold out at the stadium. The New York Times explained that the FCC wants to get out of the business o
Sacramento Business Journal | 4 hours ago | comment? | recommend article from Sacramento, California
UC Davis opens Tercero dorms with sustainable design This fall, the University of California Davis welcomed 1,335 students to a new dorm complex with the latest in environmentally friendly design. Tercero North includes seven buildings of four stories each totaling 280,000 square feet. Julia Ann Easley, a u
Sacramento Business Journal | 4 hours, 17 minutes ago | comment? | recommend article from Sacramento, California
CBRE: Industrial leasing keeps up strong pace in third quarter Industrial leasing during the third quarter of 2014 continued its positive direction, according to Ryan DeAngelis of CBRE, and theres little reason to think it wont through the entire year. About 1.2 million square feet of space was absorbed during the Ju
Sacramento Business Journal | 4 hours, 32 minutes ago | comment? | recommend article from Sacramento, California
New retail center all but finalized for north Auburn The site of a former auto dealership and repair building in north Auburn, vacant for the last couple years, could be a new retail center with construction starting next spring. Placer County would only need to approve a design review agreement for Willow
Sacramento Business Journal | 4 hours, 42 minutes ago | comment? | recommend article from Sacramento, California
Governor vetoes bill to give franchise-owners new rights The governor vetoed legislation Monday that would have granted new rights to owners of franchises by making it harder for franchisors to shut them down. The legislation also would have made it easier for franchisees to join membership associations. Senate
Sacramento Business Journal | 4 hours, 59 minutes ago | comment? | recommend article from Sacramento, California